3.03.2007

Overshadowed

Most of us don't want to be overshadowed. No matter how spiritual we are there is something inside (our nature?) that wants us to be noticed. We all like the spotlight at times. Maybe not for the same things but we all want to be noticed none the less.

Tonight my beautiful wife Kristy (I married up) called me to the front door. "Tally, come look at this." she yelled. I walked outside where she pointed up at the lunar eclipse. There it was, the moon overshadowed.

While we were out there I leaned my head back and looked straight up to see the stars... well to see a few stars and a vast array of space. Lots of space. Kristy and I said in near unison "We're so small."

I said "Yeah. We don't like to think of that too much."

You know what? Tonight I was overshadowed. In a huge way. And I liked it. I really liked it.
I enjoyed being overshadowed because it reminds me how amazing our God is. Take some time and put yourself in position to be overshadowed. You'll walk away with a deeper sense of awe.

No comments: