2.01.2007

Printing Tidbit

The other day a friend of mine told me about a printing job they were getting done at a local printing company. When he told me the cost I was in shock. I asked him if he had checked out an online printer like 48 Hour Print. He said he hadn't. While we were on the phone his voice went from excited to depressed as he walked through and saw how much less the cost of printing would have been by using this particular vendor.

I'm about to have a job sent in tomorrow to 48 hour print. Have any of you come across good deals for printing? Drop a note in the comments so others can hit up your favorites.

5 comments:

Mike Edwards said...

The best deal I've ever received on printing stuff has been at www.onlineprinthouse.com

The last church I was at we used 48 hour for a while before we found this place!

Anonymous said...

vistaprint.com is someone we have used in the past. No complaints, but may not be as quick a turnaround.

Mitch Corn said...

Have you guys thought about going in with a couple of church pals or just budgeting for a Plotter. A plotter is the printer these companies use to print your stuff and charge you a fortune. At Fellowsip we have been using plotters for years to cut down on printing cost as well as have the ability to customize everything ourselves. You can get a good HP plotter for about 4 Grand. The best place to get a plotter is at www.globalimaging.net.

Seriously we spend about $250 on a set that is 32 feet wide and 10 feet tall just by having our own plotter. They are super easy to use and if you lease HP will do the paintenance. A lease is around $300/month depending on lease info.

Tally Wilgis said...

Mitch,
Thanks so much for the details. I remember you showing me one of the Plotters at Fellowship that you use... I hadn't heard much in the way of cost and frankly that's not a bad cost for what you can get done.

I think the link is http://www.globalimaginginc.com for those looking to follow up on Mitch's great comment. Thanks bro.

Anonymous said...

We use 4over4.com for smaller stuff and a colorspan plotter for signage and large stuff, both are highly recomended.