2.05.2007

A little help from my Friends

I'm doing a little research on solo-planting vs. team planting. If any of you fabulous readers out there have insight into organizations, studies or even churches who have some comparison/contrast info... I'd love to see it. Please send me a link via the comments or in an email to Tally[at]FocalPointChurch[dot]com.

My working premise is that solo planting is a great way to bang your head against the wall for no reason and team planting is not only more biblical but also serves as a much greater Return on Ministry Investment than churches planted by one solo planter.

I'd also love a few examples of team plants that are blowing and going. If you're a success story of a team plant I would be pumped to be able to chat with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever met with Vince Antonucci at Forefront? They were a team plant and have seen great success. I'd love to see your research when you are done.

Anonymous said...

I did the solo plant thing, simply because I didn't know any better. It worked. I had no plan, and wasn't even sure that I was even planting a church. I just saw it as.. a bible study in my apartment. 7 years later.. here we are. We've planted another 5 churches and our current church is running about 200 adults.. and that's after sending out a ton of people to the plants.

It would have been awesome to have a team. If you're working with a team and a vision.. you are blessed. If you're solo.. trust in the Lord.. and you're still blessed... but, you're also very tired..

Godspeace!
Chad
www.simplemindedpreacher.com
www.simplemindedart.wordpress.com