4.03.2006

Look at the Sky

So tonight I was running on a treadmill at the Y...

I got to thinking about all sorts of things... politics, law, people, faith, exercise, etc. I'd consider myself a thoughtful person. I think one of my strengths in communicating is that I take complex truths and make them simple. I love having people walk out each Sunday with the feeling that they are smart and that faith is a pretty simple deal.

This strength (like any strength) can be a weakness. Sometimes in life I can think so much about a topic that it loses its mysterious qualities. The God parts. In life we often do things that cause us to miss the 'God parts'. Whether you push through things like a freight train or you talk your way out of it like an auctioneer or you think through it like me... we can all lose sight of God.

I don't know about you but for me the way I get back to my senses after getting lost in thought or work or stress or whatever is to look to the sky. Tonight after working out I walked out and looked up at the sky. I saw the thunderstorms coming our way that are supposed to hit in about a half hour. I saw the moon tucked away behind some fuzzy clouds. I saw a sky that was in a beautiful shade of blue with some orange mixed in from that approaching storm.

What do I need to see? Where do I need to be to reconnect? I need to be in awe. When was the last time you were in awe? In awe of God's power, his creativity, his supremecy...

If you find yourself muddled in the mess... look at the sky. Be in awe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in awe that my doodle made your header! Rawk! =)