4.01.2006

Open Source Series


Following in the footsteps of LifeChurch.tv, we're going Open Source. The "end-user" will play a vital role in the way we present our messages these next few weeks.

We're going to allow much more interaction with the message series than we've ever done before.

This week I've been sending out my message notes and thoughts to our people in advance of the message. I'm basically giving away the message before people get there. I've also created an open source attitude among our leadership whom I shared parts of the message as well as our prayer and bible study group as we met this morning at 7 a.m. (it was great by the way).

For this week and next we're going "open source" in the presentation. Beginning on EASTER we're going to open source the entire service. I'm going to take my message and prepare it from three different angles. For instance. On Easter I'll do a message about the need for Jesus' death and resurrection. But what we're going to do is approach it in three different points of view: God the Father's, Jesus', Ours. Then at the beginning of service we're going to give everyone an opportunity to turn in their vote (color coded cards). We'll collect the cards during the first song and then I'll be told which P.O.V. the audience most want's to hear from.

Taking that info, I'll approach the message from the P.O.V. of the audience. In general I'll land the airplane in the same airport but the audience will tell me which runway.

I know it will take a little longer to plan out but I expect that it will be an exciting series as I won't even know which message I'll give until the morning of the service. Fun Fun!

2 comments:

Gary Lamb said...

WOW!!!! I can hardly prepare one message, much less three.

YOU DA THE MAN!

RMc said...

Keep us posted on how that approach goes. Interesting......