4.04.2006

I love my son

(Caleb learning what grass feels like)

Every time I look at this little guy my heart gets a little bigger. He now takes up a lot of space in there.

Someone asked me a few months ago what having a son has done to me. I said "I don't know." For me, emotion doesn't come as quickly as it does for others. I'm relatively balanced. I don't get carried away to either extreme. But I tell ya, this kid just knocks down those lines. This morning when I was feeding him a bottle he pushed the bottle from his mouth and leaned toward me with his mouth open. That's how he gives "kisses".

It was his little way of saying "I love you daddy". And I love him too!

2 comments:

Cherdecor said...

What a precious little guy. That is the cutest and dearest story about one so little. You are truly blessed.

RMc said...

Bro - don't ever forget what it felt like when you first saw him. I hope I am always able to remember when I first saw all 4 of my daughters.