4.04.2006

Thoughts: Shirts and Growth

We got our new First Impressions shirts in today. First Impressions is one of our problem areas right now. I firmly believe in the people we have here and I'm hoping to walk next to them as they continue to grow into new positions and areas of service within our church.


There are essentially two ways to grow a church.

The 1st (and most deseriable) is to open with a bang and never look back. Gather a large crowd at opening and keep using that momentum to hire staff, get equipment, good marketing and exiting services.

The 2nd is what we're having to do. Decide to stay put and walk along side people, equipping them in the faith and helping them to find their place within the ministry. It takes much longer and at times makes a person question a lot. Ultimately though I believe that if we continue to grow ourselves and transfer that growth to those around us we will see the "Tipping Point" that Gladwell talks about.

I've been offered a few opportunities to go elsewhere since starting Focal Point. I won't entertain them. Flattering yes, but ultimately I want to see what the next few years have in store. I'd love to be able to tell the story of perserverance and eventual Tipping Point. Should be fun!

No comments: