4.19.2006

I love Wednesday Mornings

This morning I hit the alarm clock at 5 a.m. and rolled out of bed. Took a shower and got dressed for our bible study and prayer at Starbucks. I LOVE our time together.

I love our time together early on Wednesdays for a few reasons.

1. It gets my day started sooner. Most days I don't get moving until 8am. I'm up a little after 7 but honestly I drag a little in the mornings. I check email and do some planning for my day. I do my bible study for the day, etc. But honestly it's a much slower start. Getting up at 5am to meet at 6am gives me a kick that lasts all day. It's the difference between throwing a rock and using a slingshot for a rock. Wednesdays are slingshot days!

2. It gets me thinking more about the word all day. When I'm up with these guys and we're reading and talking about the word, it forces me to think sooner in the day. So many times I usually coast until 10 or so and my most productive times are from about 1-3pm. Wednesdays are different, I'm most productive all morning. I like being productive earlier. I hope to use these Wednesdays as pillars to build an entire week of productive mornings.

3. It provides genuine fellowship. Working from a home office can get you isolated. Sure I have email, phone, IM and monthly meetings but there is a uniqueness to reaching out and touching someone to pray for them early in the day. There is a uniqueness to having someone pray for me that early. It sets me up for success! Makes me feel like a champ ready to enter the ring. I can't be defeated when I know that God's people had my back that morning.

4. It gets my brain rolling. By getting up so early, I'm able to have a fully-functioning brain by 8am. It ties in a little with my day getting started sooner but my brain is SO MUCH more alert after a Grande White Chocolate Mocha at 5:45 a.m.! Whooowwowowaa


Okay... anyway... I just said all of that to say this. I enjoy our Wednesday bunch and I enjoy the fact that this church has people who are willing to go out of their way to study God's word and pray for one another. I love the fact that they don't have to be guilted or reminded... they have made it a part of their week and they honor that time. I love it. We're building a foundation here. These are the present and future leaders of this church and I love being around them.

No comments: