4.18.2006

We've got to pray..(pray)...

A little M.C. Hammer for ya this morning!

Let me introduce you to a new site that you may find helpful for your personal prayer life and/or ministry prayer team/life.



People2Pray.com is a user-friendly site that allows for you to have a pretty dynamic free-flow of prayer requests. It seems to use a similar back-end as the product "Backpack".

I've signed up and started adding my requests and daily prayers.

Here are some of the features I'm enjoying so far:

- Tags: I can tag my request for future reference or else for the general public to pray for me. So if someone searches "church plants", they will find all prayers related to 'church plants'... etc.

- Communities: I just sent out a mass email to about 20 people in our church for a beta test of the community prayer feature. Everyone can make their own request and then simply specify it for the particular community (in our case it's Focal Point Church). As others add their requests.. it creates a virtual prayer room where anyone can drop in and pray for the requests listed. By the way, you can set up your own community to have it's own password. That way only people with that password can get in. Your junk isn't out there for the world to create a gossip column.

- Privacy settings: My requests can be as public (anyone can see it) to as private (only I can see it) as I wish. I have some requests that I only let 1 other person see and I have some (leadership requests) where only our leadership team will be able to see. Because of the flexibility, I can control all of the prayer requests on one screen. I don't have to go to 3 different areas to monitor different levels of content.

- Categories: Within each user's splash screen there is a category option. I can label each request. Then at the top of my screen I have a list of my categories. So let's say I want to take time to pray for just my "church" requests. I simply click "church" and the only requests left on the screen are the ones with that label.

So... There you have it. I encourage you to check it out. If you're like me, you'll be glad to give something a shot that may improve how you handle the inflow of requests. Having a 1-stop shop that is on the computer is HUGE for me. I'm terrible with pen and paper. I'm usually online most of the day so I'm hoping that this version will be a much smoother system for me.

By the way, if you do sign up, I'd love to have you as a contact... we can pray for one another from time to time. My friend username on there is: tallyw

Have a great Tuesday!

7 comments:

Tadd Grandstaff said...

Tally that's a great site...Wonder what great guy sent you that resource :) ....J/K

I was fooling around with it this morning because I got the e-mail that is had finally gone up...anyways...I like it...very resourceful!

Glad to see you guys had a great Easter....I will call you a call some time this week and fill you in on what is going on with PRC!

Hope things are well Bro!

Tally Wilgis said...

Tadd,
I had forgotten where I came across it. I got the email this morning and it reminded me. Logged in and started using it... It's a pretty sweet deal.

I'll look forward to hearing from you man.

Things are good here. I'm going to have a busy month. Between NNCC in Orlando, Buzz in D.C. and moving into our new home... it'll be crazy for sure. Toss in Mother's Day and Memorial Day services and this next month will fly.

I'm looking forward to all of the great things with PRC. I checked out your site yesterday... things are coming along!

Anonymous said...

I think this will take me a while to get used too...just looking at it briefly, it seemed more complex then just writing things down myself. :) Maybe, once I come back and take a better look at it, I'll like it better.

Tally Wilgis said...

Ohh Ashley... give it a whirl... it's digital discipleship :)

Anonymous said...

Come on Tally...you know that digital discipleship doesn't work at all. :)

Tally Wilgis said...

You're right. For a person to be able to share Christ and then have a long (say 4 years or more) process of discipleship it is VITAL for them to be able to see them and hear their voice in prayers being lifted up. The internet is of the devil and is good for nothing :) Just name 1 person who has ever had their lives chnaged through digital discipleship! just one! :)

Tadd Grandstaff said...

awww man that site is awful....don't look at that too much! I got a logo that is supposed to be done this week...then I can get a real webpage up!