12.19.2005

Can't keep my mouth shut

Sometimes some things just bug me enough to have to write a response. Most things I see that I dislike I write off and move on. This one gets under my skin.

This blog is basically dedicated to ripping apart anything outside the 'traditional' form of church.

Using terms like 'rebellion' and 'disobedience' and 'worldly' the blog is really a group of people in a holy huddle who like to throw stones and get web traffic for it.

I don't read the blog regularly. Bob Franquiz, a blogging friend from Miami, FL pointed to it. Here is the link to the article in question.

Here is my reply as posted on their site:
Jesus redefined what it was to be 'Godly'. I'm sure his disciples looked at him and then looked at other Rabbis and saw something very different. You don't think they talked about how cool Jesus was? You don't think they said "Man, those other Rabbi are so stuffy. Jesus gets his fingernails dirty." You don't think they ever thought "Jesus is just like us. He doesn't try to put us down but rather build us up. Jesus isn't about the rules as much as he is about love." The Pharasees of his day had a system of expected behavior they defined as 'Godly'. It was turned upside down!

You're looking backwards (hindsight is 20/20. You're saying "surely no one saw Jesus as an outlaw or rebel... he couldn't have used words or acted out of line like these heathen church planters!" Are you kidding me? He HEALED on the Sabbath. He fled crowds of people like you who wanted to persecute his behavior (reaching out).

Not only do I see Jesus using words that made him seem cool. I see him ACTING apart from the religious pick-pockets of his day. I see him getting dirty. I see him believing in a group of people who were written off.

I'd love to see stories on this blog about Salvations. I'd love to read how one of these critical Pastors who post here actually give up their lives and move 1500 miles to start a church. I'd love to see you have such a passion for getting the opportunity to share the gospel that you'd try things that your religious "friends" would tar and feather you over. You should try to go out on a limb and start from scratch while the bulk of your 'religious' friends stay comfy in their stone temples and throw rocks at you. You should try it. Try to actually reach the world for Christ and see what these types of blogs do for your Passion to make the name of Jesus famous.

Listen... you may not like the way some people get out there to share Jesus but you should like the fact that it's happening. Jesus was the outcast and the anomaly to the system. He didn't fit with his religious counterparts but he didn't care.

2 comments:

Jarrett said...

Great Post. I agree with you completely.

This reminds me of a website called Currupt Christianity which is all about bashing Christian artists for reaching out to the "secular" audiences.\

Jarrett

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments; you really stated your position well. I couldn't believe we already got caught up in the crosshairs of these folks and we're not even 6 months old as a church yet!!! I suppose it's easy to take pot-shots at your own soliders when you're critiquing from a comfy seat on the sidelines...I won't get started on a tirade.
Thanks again