12.24.2005

Authentic Happiness Strengths

I don't normally take surveys but I do take an interest when it seems like something I can use in my everyday life. I enjoy personality surveys or strength surveys.

I'm an ENTP in the Myers Briggs deal. I think I have a pretty good sense of what it means but I'm ever-learning how it interacts with everyone else. Today I bumped into another survey about 'strengths' from a book called "Authentic Happiness" via: The Practice of Leadership blog (a business blog from S. Africa). -Survey is here-

According to this survey/book... my "Authentic Happiness" strengths are...

1. Spirituality, sense of purpose, and faith You have strong and coherent beliefs about the higher purpose and meaning of the universe. You know where you fit in the larger scheme. Your beliefs shape your actions and are a source of comfort to you.

2. Perspective (wisdom) Although you may not think of yourself as wise, your friends hold this view of you. They value your perspective on matters and turn to you for advice. You have a way of looking at the world that makes sense to others and to yourself.

3. Hope, optimism, and future-mindedness You expect the best in the future, and you work to achieve it. You believe that the future is something that you can control.

4. Social intelligence You are aware of the motives and feelings of other people. You know what to do to fit in to different social situations, and you know what to do to put others at ease.

5. Bravery and valor You are a courageous person who does not shrink from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain. You speak up for what is right even if there is opposition. You act on your convictions.

No comments: