12.22.2005

Arment & Franquiz

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to spend time talking with two guys I admire in the church planting world... Ben Arment and Bob Franquiz. Both of these guys are making it happen in their respective areas. Among other things, what I can say about both of them is that they know the landscape of the area they serve.


Ben Arment is just outside of Washington D.C. and has kept steady in spite of the difficulty of breaking into an area as tough as D.C. He's entrenched himself in that community and is beginning to see the major fruit of his efforts. He has a fantastic eye for marketing and a tremendous passion for reproducing reproducers. Ben is a great guy and I've appreciated getting to know him.



Bob Franquiz is someone I've yet to meet in person but someone whom I've come to admire from afar. We've spoken a few times over the phone and each time I walk away with wisdom. He also knows his area of Miami, FL very well and is able to communicate the uniqueness very well. His church is preparing for a move to a more permanent home and has recently undergone a name change. He's a leader of our time and an Author to boot! Bob, thanks for your time and please thank Carey for your time.

Both of these guys gave great insight and sparked many more thoughts to ponder. I appreciate the blog world and the ability to connect with both of these great church planters.

No comments: