12.27.2005

On my brain

I'm still alive. Figured I'd dump out a few random thoughts from my brain. It's kinda like a salad right now... lots of different stuff mixed together.

- Christmas was nice. Spent time with Caleb and Kristy and then joined a few other families from church for dinner.

- Took down the tree already. We're moving some stuff from the office back into my house this week so I wanted to get that out of the way.

- Got sick yesterday. I'm a big baby when I'm sick (not really a baby, but I'm never sick so I hate it). I think I've been really sick only about twice in the going on 8 years Kristy has known me.

- As mentioned above, we're moving out of the church office (YIPPIE!). This is big for us, I'm so thankful.

- We got the deal done with the movie theater last week. I'm still pumped about that. Today I'll be trying to brainstorm about all sorts of cross-pollination I can work out with the GM. We talked about a few, I just have to solidify them and think of others. I think a solid relationship with the managers can help us both. I'll share more later.

- I'm looking for revenue streams for the church. That has been on my mind for a few weeks. (As a Pastor it's always on your mind... but the last few weeks it's been more prevelant)

- I started writing two weeks ago. I'll update more on that later as well.

- Picked up the computer game "Red Alert 2" again yesterday. I took the day off [along with most Americans] and after cleaning, loaded up this game I haven't played in years. Tons of fun but addicting and a time-killer. I'm not a 'gamer' by any stretch of the imagination. I almost never play video games and practically never play board games. A few weeks ago however I was introduced to 'Risk'. Yes I know how out of the loop I've been. I enjoyed it. Come to think of it, Red Alert is a lot like Risk. Something about taking over the entire world must grab my attention.... hmm... I need to pray more.

- I'm home with Caleb today. Kristy is doing a 'test run' as she prepares to go back to work next week. We're going to experiment with me watching him in the morning and then get a sitter in the afternoons. We haven't fully decided yet. So far so good, he's been sleeping :)

- I'm getting older. I find myself thinking about it a little more these days.

- I think I need to grow my hair out some.

- I have to work out more often.

- I'm coaching a kids Basketball team at my local YMCA. My team is the Heat and I don't know any of them yet. I'll meet them in about 2 weeks. I coached basketball during my college days. They gave college students free memberships if you helped with kids programs. So I coached and ref'd games. (They paid for refs) I'm coaching now not for the membership but for relationships. This will give me an intentional few nights a week where I'll be in public away from 'churched' people. I hope to develop relationships within the community and genuinely give of myself to people who don't expect a thing from me. It should be fun.

- We have a busy month ahead for the church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tally, sorry we didn't get to connect before christmas - i'd still love to give you a call sometime soon. (particularly with you guys moving to the movie theater - i'd love to chat about that). email me and let me know when would be a good time to talk.