2.12.2009

Hitting the right Pitch

I'm not talking baseball. I'm talking shattering the norm.

There is a lot of talk about a glass ceiling when it comes to opportunity. Often times in a city there are glass walls. Christians talk a good game about cooperating but there are glass walls (if not concrete) that prevent people from TRULY putting their pride down and partnering to make a Kingdom difference. Our "fellowship" most of the time is over chicken wings, gossip and a bad speech. That kind of 'fellowship' among Christian leaders does nothing! It's a waste of time and money and ultimately gives Christ a bad name.

There are times however when the right pitch is sounded. When the people of God in a community rise up and partner with one another to do an amazing work. It starts as a small sound but the pitch gets higher and higher and the frequency gets narrowed to just the right point when we can shatter our own limitations and the Holy Spirit is freed to lead us. Here in Baltimore I get a sense that the tuning fork has been struck. I get the sense that the pitch is growing. I get a sense that we're about to shatter some glass around here.

Will everyone come along? No... to some people the sound we're bringing is too loud, too intrusive or maybe they are tone deaf. I don't care. What I care about is finding those people who God is working on already and connecting them together so we can make some noise that gives the Enemy the fits. I want to see people come to know Jesus and see those Jesus followers go out and shake up this city.

When I say we're here to make some noise... I know what kind of noise we want to make. A noise that shatters the status quo. Too many churches want to make noise but they end up being white noise... just fading into the background. That's not our aim and that's not satisfactory here. We're coming to shatter the glass between us and a city forever changed by the love of God.

Thought you'd like this ... the science behind shattering glass.

1 comment:

Todd Helgesen said...

Tally roxs!! I have really enjoyed getting to know you through your blog and facebook. I love you heart for God. I love your heart for the city of Baltimore. I am praying for the glass walls to shatter!!