11.13.2008

An Encounter with a Missionary

In Duluth as I was headed to my hotel after a 10 hour trip I came upon an accident where a lady had hit a deer (or the deer hit her actually). I drove about a quarter mile and thought "I'd want someone to check on me or my family." So I drove back and helped these two ladies get their car off of the road, deal with insurance, police and tow truck driver...
They thanked me repeatedly and finally asked what I did. I told them I was a Pastor and their faces lit up. They were going home from visiting someone and sharing the gospel with their friend. They are missionaries.

They asked for a ride up the road to a store out of the cold to wait on one of their sons. They insisted that they feed me for my trouble. While I nibbled at the food I asked if she'd share her story with you. She agreed. This is her story.

No comments: