10.06.2008

Dr. Mark Dever

This week I have the honor of rubbing elbows with some amazing people, though not in the same room at the same time. This week is shaping up to be pretty amazing.

Dr. Dever:
Tomorrow I'm headed up to Baltimore to sit in on a worship being led by Dr. Mark Dever who is the Pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church and founder of 9 Marks. I was fortunate enough to hear Dr. Dever at Whiteboard several months back. Dr. Dever has a unique view of the church that isn't promoted by the bulk of blogs I read or ministry leaders I observe. While some found his talk to be above their head I found it to be thought provoking.

One of the things I hope to hear more about this Tuesday is Dr. Dever's passion about the local church being a representative of Jesus Christ down to every office and every activity. While I often hear much about the church being the Body (which I obviously agree)... Dr. Dever has a take on it that should give all of us pause as we make decisions every day about how that body looks in our community. I am assured that my Tuesday will be intellectually stimulating and spiritually refreshing. I'm looking forward to it.

My next post will be about the other amazing opportunity I have this week...

No comments: