10.06.2008

Catalyst Here I Come!

In my last post I told you that I have another amazing opportunity this week after my Tuesday with Dr. Mark Dever. The other opportunity is the Catalyst Conference in Atlanta !



If you're in the church world then you know the 4-1-1 on Catalyst but if you're not familiar, lets just say it's the most powerful, creative and innovative leadership conference gatherings ever designed. I'm pumped to be in the room with 12,000 leaders from around the country to hear talks by the likes of:
Andy Stanley, Jim Collins, Dave Ramsey, Franklin Graham, Steve Furtick, Seth Godin, Craig Groeschel

To promote this year's event and theme: Together... Catalyst sent out a dude named LV to tour the nation in a Vanagon. From conferences to churches to random rest stops... LV and the Catalyst team made their mark on America. " href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/catalyst2007/2882651762/" id="gaax">Check out some pics here>

As if attending this amazing conference wasn't enough
I was recently invited to Live-Blog the Catalyst Conference. I cannot tell you how honored I am to have the opportunity. My son has picture books that teach him how to tell what belongs and what doesn't belong. For example there are three bright green triangles and then one orange square. In the group of live-bloggers asked to participate... I'm the orange square. I don't fit. The other bloggers are amazing. It's a huge honor and I'm looking forward to the week.

Thanks to the opportunity afforded me, you will have a chance to see the conference from my perspective all this week.
My understanding is that there are a handfull of people providing RSS feeds so that the world can get a glimpse into the conference from all angles AS IT HAPPENS! I invite you to come along for the ride this week. Also, if you're on Twitter you can check out my perspective by following me @TallyWilgis

So there it is... Catalyst Atlanta, here I come! It's on!

Ohh, in addition to my own fun, I will be bringing my brother in-law with me this week. He's a hilarious dude who's recently gotten into a cool chuch in Baltimore and started serving like a mad-man. He's never done the 'church thing' before but he's in love with Jesus, serving like crazy and his mind is a sponge right now. Because of all of that... I figured I'd show him a glimpse of how big the American Church is by bringing him with me to Catalyst. So if you see us this week, give us a shout. His name is Kevin so freak him out by just walking up to us and saying "Hey Kevin" as you act like you've known him for years.

Later guys and gals. See you in the ATL!

1 comment:

Brad Ruggles said...

I love the Catalyst conference. I've been going for years and each year I'm blown out of the water by the insane creativity and leadership principles I learn. This year looks to be even better.

Maybe I'll see you there1