10.07.2008

Catalyst Countdown

I'm sitting in a hotel in Baltimore getting ready to hit the pillow. I have an early flight to Atlanta where we'll arrive right around 8 a.m. In order to pull that off I have a wake-up call for 3:30a.m. The lady at the counter downstairs repeated my wakeup call several times before I assured her I was sober and aware of my surroundings. Once I walked a straight line and counted her fingers she agreed to put me into the computer.

One of the things that makes this week at Catalyst so exciting is being able to connect with so many high caliber leaders. I'm looking forward to seeing many of you there.

As the conference goes on tomorrow I'll be blogging live so if you can't make it be sure to keep checking in. You'll get insight from my perspective on the atmosphere, surprises and certainly the high quality content.

It is such a privilege to live in a day and age where we get to do what we'll be doing this week. Our predecessors never dreamed of being able to gather together and stand shoulder to shoulder with nearly 12,000 other Christian leaders. What I'm looking forward to this week is a sense of unity that will come from Catalyst. Many of us are coming in representing ourselves but I'm looking forward to walking away feeling that we're on the same team 'together'.

No comments: