3.27.2008

Twitter Thoughts So Far


My experiment with Twitter is going pretty well. As recent as a few weeks ago I thought it'd be pretty rediculous. What I've found is that I can get out thoughts much quicker and have some interaction with people in my life who actually care about what I'm up to. The people who have expressed an appreciation that I'm using Twitter are all people with whom I have limited contact on a regular basis (they live away from me and we don't use the phone a ton).

I'm also finding that using Twitter prevents me from having to go so long between thoughts. On this blog I try to only write when I feel like I have something to say. There are also times when I simply don't feel like sitting down to do this. With Twitter set up on my text message... I've found that I toss out thoughts while waiting in line, as a passenger in a car or while watching TV. I have a little more freedom.

The final thing I like about Twitter is that it limits you. Short and sweet.

From the standpoint of following others I have a few people I've chosen to have Twitter text me whenever they "tweet". (Having unlimited text messaging helps for this). What I will say about this aspect is that Los is as cool on Twitter as he is on his blog!

I've read about some people who down various forms of social networking... Twitter is the latest to take some wrath. My thing is that no one should feel frustrated by using these tools. If you are, its not for you and its counter productive. I'm an extrovert and it gives me energy to hear how friends in the ministry are doing and even what they're going through as-it-happens. I'm able to pray for people more often, ask for prayer more often... share sarcasm, irony, etc. It's just a tool to express and experience life. I'll use it for now and let you know how it goes.

If you're not on my Twitter feed, go here and sign up.

No comments: