3.27.2008

Glocal Transformation Day


Today I got the privilige to enjoy a one-day conference by Bob Roberts Jr. For those of you who don't know anything about Bob, you better ask somebody!

Honestly, I hadn't known too much about him until recently. A few years ago I read about Glocal and I thought it was cool but I didn't take time to investigate much about it. Over the last few years in ministry however I've ended up with a view pretty similar to Mr. Roberts.

I'm not going into detail in this post but let me say that it was a fantastic day. I've been around great leaders and have learned from many but for some reason I find my heart beating fast when Bob describes his views on ministry, the church, making the church the missionary, etc. For the context of my life and for how I believe American cities can be changed... this approach is the most similar to what I have been passionate about.

God confirmed many things to me on this trip and I have a feeling I'll be marking this trip as a pivitol one as I look back in years to come.

Please continue to pray for me and for all God has for us ahead. In an upcoming post I'll share more about my trip and some of the amazing people I've met.

See More: Glocal.net

1 comment:

Joe Kennedy said...

dang tally, i had no idea that was you sitting behind me. i was the guy in the georgetown shirt.

good conference, yeah?