6.11.2007

I'm a Happy Man


While I have many reasons to be a happy man today, I am elated because I found out yesterday that a CRACKER BARREL is coming to Chesapeake!!! It's being built across from the theater where our church meets and less than 2 miles from my house!

Ever since we arrived to Hampton Roads I've been telling my wife that the one thing missing here is a Cracker Barrel. I love that place. Momma's Pancake Breakfast turns me Pentecostal!

Kristy and I have been driving by a site for a few months that was formerly an Italian joint. It was knocked down and rebuilt. There are no signs saying what company is coming in and I thought it looked kinda like a Texas Road House.

We have a young woman in our church who overheard Kristy asking people if they knew what it would be and she said "It's a Cracker Barrel. Our company lost a bid to build it."

I'm estatic!

We have about 6 Starbucks locations within 2 miles from my house but now with a Cracker Barrel I can't ask for more. I'm pumped.

FYI: Prior to this new location, the closest Cracker Barrel is about 50 minutes from here. My wife and I went last Monday when we went on our tour of Jamestown and Yorktown Battlefield.

3 comments:

Kyle Minckler said...

Mmmm

Anonymous said...

ash and i (dottie) are going to come visit you and you can buy us grits as we listen to grits on your radio and you can buy you some pancakes while you are at it.

Happy Mommy said...

Oh Tally you need to come to our house for breakfast... I can make some good pancakes... We miss you guys and if you really want we have a Crackel Barrel here in our town!