6.05.2007

I'm 29 today.

I'm 29 today and...

I have been thinking a LOT lately about the impact I can make over the next 29 years.

I know I'm an old soul. My wife joined me for a day of relaxation. I chose to go to visit historic sites near my home that I had yet to see. Everywhere we went my wife said "We're the youngest people here." It is true that most of the people who appreciate the sites I wanted to see are members of the AARP. Kristy wanted to go to Busch Gardens amusement park. It's funny because in general she's the traditionalist while I'm the wild child. When it comes to cars, speed, amusement parks etc.... she becomes a different woman... and I become an old man.

I've been making lifestyle choices that are sticking.

I'm thinking more about legacy and how I want my children to talk about me when I'm gone.

I'm looking at this year with much more of a sense of urgency. For whatever reason... 30 is one of the first major mileposts I've ever cared about.

I'm appreciating all of my friends. I've been overwhelmed today with emails and calls.

I'm getting a cool gift from my wife.

My mother calls me every year at 11:41 a.m. (time of my birth).

I have a sense that my youth and wisdom are lining up.

I'm looking forward to what God will continue to do with my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and many blessings in the good works he will perform through you in the next 29 years!
Also, that's really cool your mom calls you every year at the time you were born :)

Tadd Grandstaff said...

Happy Birthday Bro!!

Shaula said...

Happy birthday! I'm with Kristy about Busch Gardens. Even the old people enjoy it; they shop and go to the shows. :) I hope you guys had a great day.