4.06.2007

Spending Good Friday in a Warehouse


Tonight I plan on spending my evening in a warehouse. Not just any random warehouse but the one converted to host Epic City Church. I know I've been pimpin' their church on this blog for a while... but I genuinely like it. Robb, their pastor and a friend, broke my heart by moving their service to Sunday mornings... some lame excuse about wanting to maximize their outreach or something.... so I'm going to have fewer opportunities to experience the Epic. Tonight I'm going to try and take in one such opportunity.

Epic has gotten some press this week for an art show they are putting on tonight. If you only knew what they've gone through you would feel as jacked as I am about this show tonight. This is a church on a mission to reach a segment of our society that often gets ignored by organized religion. They aren't just talking smack... they're doing it. So if you're one of the 1.6 million people who call Hampton Roads home... you can catch me tonight at the art show at Epic.

Story Link: Art show offers a renewal of community spirit in Norfolk's Ghent

No comments: