4.10.2007

Social Commentary

I have yet to use this blog for much of anything apart from church-related writing or insights about my family. I have another side that is very vibrant. I'm a student of culture, politics and government. For instance, this morning I picked up "Bowling Alone" by Robert D. Putnam and "The Theocons" by Damon Linker. I read much wider than the Christian circles and to a degree I've refrained from expressing that side of myself on this blog. I think I'm going to change that.

Hopefully it will not bother my readers but I hope the readers will take this as another dimension of this human being you know from my thoughts on church and family. As I come to some of these topics I will try to remind myself to include in the title a directional arrow of some sort so you know that a post like this may be coming. If you want to imagine that I don't have views on current events, government or politics, just ignore the post in your feed reader :)

No comments: