3.10.2007

Myspace Marketing

Yes. I admit it. I have a myspace. I promise I know everyone on my 'friends' list though.

So today I log on and right there on my splash page in a place where people usually advertise a bunch of garbage I see "Naperville Church". Sure enough, I click the link and I'm taken to a website for Crossroads Community Church in Naperville, IL.

There are reports out that suggest Myspace holds a TON of the 20-30's crowd... it's not just a teenybopper phenomenon. So I applaud the staff at Crossroads for taking a chance on technology. I have come across a bunch of churches using mypace for their church (we are using it for an upcoming mission trip: myspace.com/focalpointchurch) but this is the first time I personally have seen a church advertise there.

Now... I only wish they could help Crossroads target their message better. I live a LONG way from Naperville. I do have a friend on my friends list who I believe lives in Naperville though so maybe that's how it went down. Either way again I say 'great job' Crossroads.

No comments: