1.22.2007

Tale of 2 emails

I'm not getting into linkage but today I got an email from two different sites that offer resources to other churches.

The first email I got was from an organization that has gone the 'shareware' route by distributing images, video clips, etc. for free. They wrote to ask for feedback on the usefulness of their site. They want the resources to not only be free but of high quality and easily distributed.

On the other hand I got an email this evening from a larger organization who sells their material. After following a link I came to a video that they are selling for $30. The video is just over 2 minutes long!

While I have ZERO problem with an organization charging for their materials... I can't understand how the church has gotten to the point of taking USED materials and repackaging them to charge other churches $15/minute for a downloadable version.

If the marketplace used that that price structure as a guide, Talledega Nights would cost $1,815 to buy on DVD.

No comments: