9.08.2006

Life of the Family Man

I figured for posterity and to allow my friends to see into my world I'd share a little Labor Day weekend recap.

Last weekend was a busy weekend for us. We traveled 4-5 hours each day for 3 straight days.

On Saturday we drove over to Lynchburg to visit with my best friend's wife, Amber and son, Lawton. They flew in from their home in Texas to visit their family. We met them at Thomas Road Baptist Church and took the kids to play in the play yard. Their son Lawton is about 5 weeks older than our son Caleb.
Once in the kids play area neither of these guys wanted to pose for pictures. We caught them trapped in this section and snapped a few.

Both of these guys like to get into stuff so hanging on ropes were right up their alley.



On Saturday before we met up with Amber we had lunch with some of our former youth who are now students at Liberty University. Ashley is a freshman and Mikael is a sophomore. Caleb is a ham.


On Sunday we drove up to Annapolis, MD to attend my sister's wedding. This is yet again proof that God has blessed me. How I married such a beautiful woman is beyond me.


On Monday (Labor Day) our family drove up from Annapolis to Baltimore (my hometown) to do some tourist activities. It was so strange on this trip. We really felt like tourists. It was the first time I've ever gone home and felt that way. We spent the morning at the Aquarium and then spent some time in the afternoon at the harbor. If you ever visit Baltimore you MUST go to the fudgery and enjoy the entertainment and fantastic fudge. They make the fudge right before your eyes and they sing to you while doing it. I understand that they have these in other cities although Baltimore is the only place I've seen it. Not to mention the soul and harmony you get in Baltimore is unique I'm certain.

In fact, the sound is so unique that this location produced the R&B group "Dru-Hill". Dru Hill were a few guys who worked together at the Fudgery and won the company-wide sing-off. They were signed to a label and they named the group after Druid Hill... an area in Baltimore City.

We topped our day off with a walk around the Baltimore Harbor. The triangle building behind us is the National Aquarium. It's a great place to visit if you make the trip to MD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tally, great photos... Ains and I almost spent the day in Balto on Labor Day as well. That would have been surreal. =) Looking forward to hearing your big news... you've always got something up your sleeve.