8.03.2006

Volunteers Make or Break You

This past week with our friends from Pennsylvania in town I saw first hand how vital volunteers are to a churches' success. Once a leader has his act together, he must have volunteers in place ready and willing to do anything. There have been times in my ministry when I had volunteers willing to go through walls for the vision and then there have been times when it always seems to be a struggle to get them on board.

Tucker Hibbs, the youth guy from Carpenter's, has a great volunteer staff (aptly named: The V-Staff). They are a group of (mostly) college aged students who bust their tails for the youth ministry. They care about the ministry and more importantly the kids within it. They truly are the heart and soul of that department. Seeing this team work together last week reminded me of how important it is to have a great lay staff. They really do make it all happen.

I'm so greatful for those in our ministry who have come around at different times and filled a void. I'm thankful for those who have walked along side and have been faithful to following through on what they said they'd do. I want to continue to grow and become a leader that expresses value to our volunteers. Without them, nothing would move.

Be good to your volunteers. Swim with the swimmers.

No comments: