7.13.2006

One of those moments

The other day my 11 month old son and I were wrestling around. He's got a mean grip and apparently he's a few days over for his regular nail-trim. He loves grabbing my hair and pinching my face as hard as possible. He finds this amusing. I find it damaging.

I already have a receeding hairline but my son seems to think anytime he's near the top of my scalp that it's his job to help the process along by grabbing ahold of my hair like he's in a bull fight. People have asked about my hair recently... How funky it's gotten. People, it's not because I want my hair that way, it's just a preemptive strike against my son who will undoubtably give daddy the 'Messy Look' during our regular throw-downs!

Anyway... The other day Caleb and I were wrestling when he reached out and took a huge swipe at me with his hand. He grabbed a hold of my cheek up to my nose... it was painful. I thought to myself "he's going to draw blood!" Sure enough, once I pry the kid off of me and get to a mirror, the kid left a scratch across my cheek and onto the front part of my nose.

Well I did something stupid today. While working at my computer I casually rubbed my nose (I wasn't picking it, just getting an itch) when I noticed what I perceived to be an imperfection... a blemish if you will. Thinking it was a piece of dry skin or something I scratched it... and wouldn't you know it? Blood comes running out. I had opened up the healing flesh-wound.

Moral of the story? I don't think there is one. Or maybe... keep your wits about you when you're head-long into a project or else you'll cut your face open.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must be something God instills in the Calebs of this world. My Caleb sounds very similar to yours and I have the scars to prove it. My daughter allie actually crawls over to me and pulls her self up by grabbing on to the hairs on my legs. Wouldn't have it any other way though.