7.14.2006

Now Reading: Execution



One of the things I think that seperates leaders into catagories such as poor leaders, average leaders, good leaders and great leaders is Execution. The discipline to get results.

I really feel that one of my next growth areas as a leader has to be to better hone my leadership in the area of execution. I need to set the bar for everyone in our organization to be results-driven. We can strategize all day. We can have fantastic creative meetings. We can set up the coolest stage and have the best graphics but if we're not executing well-thought plans at our highest capacity... much of our effort was wasted energy.

I want to grow. So this week I'm reading "Execution: The discipline of Getting Things Done"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good book but the companies mentioned in there tanked after the book was published. Ram Charan is a brilliant consultant. Bossidy is solid.

Anonymous said...

I too am reading this book. . . in most things, it is not the great idea that separates the winners from the "also rans," it is execution!

Grace to you,

jhook