6.13.2006

Encouragement

Galatians 6:6
6Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.

This tidbit is tucked away in the middle of Galatians 6 between 'testing your own actions' and 'God cannot be mocked, you reap what you sow'. It's a 1 sentence admonition. An instruction. A command for the believer.

The funny thing about this is that most Pastors will never point it out to their congregation. Why? Because it appears to be self-satisfying.

This week I was blessed with a few people who practiced this verse. I got a FANTASTIC email from a member of the church who may know more about the bible than I do but said some of the nicest things about my teaching. Then I got a phone call from a guy in the church who informed me that he's been listening to my messages in his mp3 player all day at work on repeat. He said "You can make anything interesting and I learn something new each time I listen to the messages."

These are nice words but more importantly they are the brick and mortar of Pastor Esteem. They are the words that can keep a Pastor fired up about his calling. The folks who build you up are to be valued. Hang with them. Take care of them. Encourage them in return. They are the most valuable members of your team. Like it or not you need encouragement.

I'm so thankful for the encouragers in my life who in their own little way say "keep it up".

If you're not a Pastor... let me say what he wants to say to you.... "READ GALATIANS 6:6 and DO IT!"

I hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment:

Eddie said...

I am not a pastor, I lead a fellowship evening, but I can fully relate to this post and yes, it warms the heart to hear people say good things about the ministry. And I thank God that no matter how many wrong things may be said, He always makes the good outweigh them.