5.07.2006

Georgia on my mind

From Gary's blog:
"I think we are going to host a very informal theatre church gathering in October and try and get about 20 dudes in theatres to come and hang out and share ideas. T-Mac is going to help me with it."

Looks like I'll be making a trip to God's country (as they call it) sometime in October. Gary's going to show me what it means to hang around red necks for a few days while we wax on about Theater Churches.

I don't know man... I'm not really fond of taking a leak on the White House lawn like Tadd or hitting on former SBC prez James Merrit's wife. Hopefully I won't catch what's in the water. I am however looking forward to a day with some cool dudes who are doin' it in the trenches. If I know Gary enough... I'm certain he's only going to have guys who have something to say. It should be a worthwhile experience. Besides... Gary is a trip. I'll go down there just for the comedic factor.

Another guy down in GA who made a big impression on me this week is Tony Mccollum. Tony was great to talk to this weekend. I slipped away from the godly end of the table and ventured down to the other side to talk with Tony and Gary a little. Tony was very encouraging and supportive. I liked kicking the can a little and hearing some of his P.O.V. on things. He's an experienced guy who's been there and done that. He's also funny and very generous. He picked up the tab for all of us at lunch. Talk about AM-A-ZING. Thanks dude. In addition he about got me addicted to some Dark Chocolate drink at Godiva. They cost like $65 per cup but Tony hooked it up yet again.

Finally, I can't say enough about my man Tadd. Tadd and I have some overlap with TRBC and Liberty. We didn't know each other very well back then but this last year of connecting has been great. Tadd is going to blow the doors off for the Kingdom. His family is rich in ministry experience and wisdom. His dad has one of the greatest Pastor's hearts I have observed. His dad is thriving in a system that suffocates most people and his brother is makin' it happen over at West Ridge. Tadd and I share a ton of the same perspective and have become pretty supportive of one another over this past year. I'm lookin' for big things from Mr. Grandstaff. Greensboro may not be big enough. Watch out Elon... Grandstaff is about to make some noise.

1 comment:

Gary Lamb said...

Looking forwad to it dude. It was GREAT meeting you dude. You got the goods to build a great church and I know you will.

I'm also glad to see that I didn't offend you so bad that I got removed from your blog list. :)

Praying for you dude and if you ever need anything or just need someone to cuss you out, give me a call!