3.27.2006

Sunday Wrap

Series Conclusion
This week I finished up a series we called "Boulders and Backpacks". It's basically a series on personal responsibility.

Week 1: overview (via video)
Week 2: our Spiritual Lives
Week 3: Time
Week 4: Confrontation

It was a helpful series for many of our people. I got regular comments during this series about how people have a hard time knowing as a Christian what is their obligation. Much of this series I talked about our obligation to carry our own 'backpack'. The boulders in life will come and when they do the church is there to help you but many people mistake boulders for backpacks. It was good for many of our folks.
------------
Surprise Guests
Ben Arment stopped by today with his family. I just about fainted. Today we had quite possibly our worst attendance since we've been in the theater. Several of our regular families weren't there and we only had 2 families return from the direct mail so it was Focal Point Lite yesterday. I thought to myself 'It never fails..." :)

Ben is cool though. He knows what it's like. He and Ainsley have been working the dry ground in Northern Virginia for a few years now. They know that it takes time to establish yourself in these established communities. They've done a fantastic job and I'm certain that they are on the edge of a breakthrough up there. Thanks for stopping by Ben. You're a big encouragement to me.

------------

Baptism, Communion and Pot Luck
Well, I broke down and had a Pot Luck at the church last night. We combined Communion and Baptism as well. One of our guys, Steve Hansen, was baptized and the church shared in communion. I realized last night that I genuinely enjoy everyone in our church right now. I wouldn't mind hanging out with any of or 'core' people. They're all pretty down to earth people and just about all of them have a sense of humor and 'get it' with regard to what we're trying to do here. It's taken a while but I'm excited to see the people we have now... Now the next step is getting that momentum built up.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was awesome, Tally. You have an incredible church....