3.17.2006

Pray for Calvary of Albuquerque

Okay. I wrote a long thought out post about the situation going on at Calvary Church of Albuquerque. I've deleted it and replaced with this shorter and less vocal post.

I'll just say that I'm extremely disappointed in how this is being handled and I'm personally surprised at a few prominant leaders who are allowing their names to remain attached to this. I will be surprised (though in a small way) if at least one or two of these Board members do not resign next week. I don't expect it but a glimmer of hope remains.

My prediction:
1. Skip's resignation will be accepted.
2. Skip will be asked to return as Senior Pastor of CCA.
3. Some of these board members will let this die down and then they will resign from this board and be replaced with actual members of the church.
4. CCA will sustain an attendance decline.
5. CCA will adopt Calvary of Ocean Hills as a multi-site campus (a la Life Church).

I'm saddened with how this whole thing has been handled. I have many thoughts on this but I will not post them publically.

We should all pray for CCA and those who need Christ in their community.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And will Pete plant a new church in Albuquerque? That's one of my predictions.