2.10.2006

Y-I

Recently both Fellowship church and subsequently National Community Church did a series based on the question that every 4 year old has "WHY?"

Today on Kaleo Bill's blog... he asks "Why Blog".

I tried to reply to Bill's post but I was sent to a blog purgatory for "questionable content". I promise that I had nothing so terrible to say... but anyway... here is my answer to the question of Why I blog.

Share my skull... Honestly one of the reasons any blogger probably blogs in the first place is because they are arrogant enough to think that they may have something to add to the world's dialogue or they just want to add their slant to life's epic drama. Maybe it's a subliminal reaction to the question "Why am I here?" or "What do I know?" or "Am I intelligent?"

okay, now for the pragmatic stuff :)

History's sake... it's sort of a time capsule. I have almost 3 years of history now to look back on. It's exciting to see that. Its an easy way to journal some of these things.

Pastoral Networking. By letting the world in on some of my situations (good and bad) I am able to find out that others struggle with the same things or others are able to help. Recently I was given a bunch of materials from guys who read about our children's ministry situation. This would not have come apart from blogging.

Release Valve. Writing things down gives a sense of closure to some thoughts. It's a way to say "okay, I have that out of my mind... moving on"

Relationships. I've made a few friends exclusively through blogging. Doing what I do, there aren't many people I connect with locally. Yes there are other planters but we don't think anything like each other (save maybe 2 guys). They are great guys but we just don't 'click'. The blogs allow me to put my mind out there and people who read and comment back are obviously connecting with my mind. Usually once we begin talking we find that we enjoy each other and can offer perspective. I've had a TON of phone and email conversations that came exclusively from blogging.

No comments: