1.19.2006

Getting Buzzed in a Movie Theater

I just jumped off the ledge. I'm officially signed up to attend NCC's Theater Forum that takes place just before the Buzz Conference in Washington, D.C.

I'm really looking forward to attending for many reasons...
- I grew up in Baltimore so the trip will likely give me a reason to visit my fam.
- Mark Batterson inspires me. If you haven't read the history of their church... you should. There were a few times I've wanted to quit planting but I read his story of 19 people and came to my senses. He had it rough... but look at all God's done with and through him because he remained faithful.
- NCC's team do a great job with all they have... NCC doesn't appear to do a ton of high-dollar stuff that makes you freak out... but they have creative things that keeps the juices flowing for the Pastor of average size churches. He's kickin' tail with what he has and is a great steward of all God's given.
- I get to see Ebeneezers
- Ed Young will be there
- I will hopefully see a few friends: This one for sure... and This one for sure
- We just moved into a theater... so I hope to get some inspiration

Mark isn't paying me... but I do encourage you to consider going. This conference will give you much more face time and interaction than some others you'll go to. The cost is unbeatable... and I'll be there...

Hope to catch a buzz with ya.

3 comments:

Tadd Grandstaff said...

Tally I can't wait for the conference...I spent last night trying to get Gary to register for the conference too....you guys help me work on him! I am looking forward to hanging out and getting to know you better!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Looking forward to going myself... signed up a couple of months ago... Cya there.

Heather Z said...

Hey Tally! Thanks for the buzz on Buzz! All of us at NCC are looking forward to seeing you guys up here in May.