9.12.2005

You're going to think I'm stupid...

... but I tried an experiment today.

I dressed up to go to the office. That in itself may not surprise many of you.

Here is where it gets funny:
1. I'm the Pastor. I teach in jeans. I don't have to dress up.
2. I didn't have a special meeting today.

You know why I wore a tie to the office? An experiment.

I wanted to test the idea that I could get more work done dressed up than relaxed. In college I had to wear a tie to class everyday. I must say that in college the dress code did help me wake up for classes a little earlier. It also made guys actually take a shower. But my personal experiment was about productivity, not smell (although I do smell like roses).

So you may think I'm stupid... but I did give it a shot. I mean, a day can get boring doing everything the same anyway so why not?

You want my observations?
1. I'll be back to sandals and jeans tomorrow.
2. Distractions eat me up (in-box, bloglines notifier, phone calls, hunger, too much noise, too much silence, mail man, etc.)
3. Although I looked pretty sharp, my productivity was about the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I don't have to add dry cleaning to the budget :o)