9.21.2005

SYATP

Today was See You At The Pole around the country. I went to Great Bridge High where most of our students attend. There were about 57 kids there in a school of nearly 1900. I thought to myself how challenging it is for the kids to stand and pray together as all of their friends are being dropped off or driving by in their cars going to the parking lot.

It's one thing for students to sing and clap and pray and read the bible in private or in a church service but to stand up in front of their peers is a huge deal. I didn't get very confident in public with my faith until late in my Senior year so I'm always appreciative of teens who take a stand while they are still in the middle of the worst of the peer pressure.

Be sure you encourage the Christian teens around you this week and remind them of all that God promises to those who are faithful. Those teens will grow up to become active adults in your church one day (and they're willing to be active teens if we let them). They'll (like you and I) look back to remember how much encouragement they got when they tried to do the right things. Also take a moment to pray for the kids within your sphere of influence. They are truly on the front lines.

This was one day. Most students have another 170 days to go.

No comments: