9.17.2005

Looking Forward

As fall begins to settle in we have some exciting things on the horizon as a church and I have a few things that have me looking forward as well.

Things I'm looking forward to Personally:

Next Sunday begins the new season of The West Wing
This is easily one of the most intelligent shows on television. I enjoy the strategy, history lessons and wise cracks that lead to policy decisions and adversion of crisis on a weekly basis. In this season I'm expecting America to get a new President named Santos. If you haven't kept up with previous seasons of the West Wing all is not lost as NBC will air last year's season finale tomorrow night at 8pm so you can get caught up.

Lunch with Dawson McAlister
I've been invited to join in a Pastors luncheon with the Christian talk show host next week. I've appreciated his work and his straight-forward approach to dealing with teen concerns. Our church will be working with DMLive at a new local phone bank to counsel with teens going through difficult times.

My Fantasy Football Team to get our 1st win
This week I'm playing a friend and worship Pastor Steven Wales. Last week I was beaten 103.38 to my 96.03. I'm trying to find the bright side as I didn't play two defenders. I don't mean I had better ones... I mean I didn't have two players on the field that should have been. So with that in mind I feel good about my team. An extra 7 or 8 points between TWO players would have put me over the top. So, this week I go up against Steven who is ranked #1 after last weeks impressive 121.83 points. If I continue to lose I'll just talk smack and say that they have too much time on their hands while I'm busting my tail to get a church off of the ground :)

I'm going back to school
I've been pondering going back to school for a few months now and I recently applied. I'm not likely to talk much about it on this blog but I'll enjoy the challenge and reward when it's all over.

Things I'm looking forward to with the church:

I can't talk about the biggest one

At some point in the next few weeks I'll be able to give more detail but for now just pray for myself and everyone involved. We have a few exciting things on the horizon that will do great things for our church and I believe catapult us to a new level of ministry.

Outreach, Outreach, Outreach
We'll be sending out mailers, doing door hangers, business cards, etc all to begin reaching our community.

Speaking in October
I've been asked to speak at a conference on the Eastern Shore of VA. I'll be talking about planting and attempting to stir the pot a little to get some established churches in our state to step it up when it comes to supporting plants. We're (from what I can tell) a terrific church planting convention but we still have a lot of un-tapped potential. I hope to help drill a well.

October 31st Community Event
We're organizing an event in our community where we'll invite community groups to join us in providing a safe neighborhood for trick-or-treating. We'll set up a few moonwalks and cotton candy machines along with pop-corn machines and spread them out along a route where children can trick-or-treat. We'll invite the fire department and police department where they'll man a booth to help provide parents with fire-safety as well as identi-kid programs to give parents prints and pictures in case of a missing child scenario. With the support of local businesses and community groups we're hoping to provide a practical way for our community to come together and have a pleasurable evening. Focal Point will have a booth like everyone else where we'll show videos and pictures of what we're about and hand out information about the church. I'm pumped about this one!

2 comments:

Tadd Grandstaff said...

Tally looking forward to hearing what is to come...i think I might have a little bit of an idea....but I will wait in anticipation.....look like you have some great things planned...i am praying for you dude!

Tally Wilgis said...

Tadd,
You do have an inside track on the 411.

We sincerely appreciate your prayers bro. Thanks.