7.06.2005

Be Still

After reading Ben's blog and learning that he has started adding MP3's to his site, I was inspired to see if I could answer the technology call. So thanks to my main man Matt Morgan (an Associate Pastor at History Church) I was given the info I needed.

I've uploaded a talk I gave a few years ago while I was a Youth Pastor at our old church. It was recorded because I was in "Big Church" that day batting clean up during the Pastor's vacation stretch.

This message inspired a series I'm finishing up this week. I'll likely use the general outline but replace some of the stories and thin it down to a respectable time of 25-30 minutes. This one went 45. I guess I got a little excited being under the lights.

---------------------

This message uses Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God"
Each of the points emphasize parts of this verse:

Be still, and know that I AM GOD- The point of our lives (to know God) John 17:3
Be still, and know that I AM- This is HIS name. He's the God of I AM... the God of NOW
Be still, and KNOW- This is beyond faith. This is knowledge. KNOW that He is God.
Be STILL- To get to knowing, we must first stop doing. Be STILL.
BE- We read right past this but "Be" assumes we know who we are. Start at the core and work outward.

Listen to the talk: Be Still

4 comments:

Mitch Corn said...

That's good insight. I was jsut meditating on that scripture the other day. I find it hard to be still very often, but when I do it's an experience that always moves me further forward than I ever have been before. By the way, have you read "I am not, but I know I AM" by Louie Giglio? If not it is a great read and your post made me think of it.

Tally Wilgis said...

Hey Mitch,
No I haven't picked that one up yet. I probably should. I enjoy reading Louie's stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

praynlady said...

Tally, you are so right. God means what He says! I am a witness to that, my life had gotten so busy doing everything for everyone else and He told me to be still. I am now at the beginning of month 7 of recovery at home. Talk about "Being still"!! I have grown closer to Him and have begun to walk closer as well as regained the ability to sit, be still and have great conversations with Him. He will prevail when we do not listen, He will find a way to "still us". Guaranteed!

Anonymous said...

sweet! Loading it into the iPod tomorrow!