3.01.2003

I Know You from somewhere!
Kristy and I spent the whole day together (semi) un-interruped for the first time in months. It was awesome.
As we went about our day and were among so many people, I again was in awe of God. I stopped and asked Kristy... "Have you ever thought about how fast our minds work?" As I saw so many faces, I realized my mind was processing everyone's characteristics at an incredible speed. Our minds processes faces, haircolor, skin-tones, cloting, etc. without even thinking about it. Our minds do these calculations all in a fraction of a second with the end result being that we are able to recognize faces within a second or two. As you walk through a crowd and see people, you compare them to recognized faces stored in your memory and toss out the unfamiliar in under a second... Everyone is processed so quickly and a decision is made without you even thinking about it.
Google doesn't do that much for me... I at least have to type in the data. Anyway... it's not a huge revelation that our minds are awesome, but it was for me again today a great reminder of how big my God is and how much he deserves my praises.

Romans 1:20
"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

No comments: