2.28.2003

"Umm... I don't really know..."
Had a great visit with two Mormons just a few minutes ago. It's cold outside so I invited them in. Very nice guys, well mannered but not very knowledgeable in their faith. Sadly, If I didn't mention that they were Mormon, you may have thought I was talking about many Christians in the church.
They wouldn't go too far into the conversation before trying to backpedal out. It's always cool to me to watch the guy who's been on the field the longest as you bring up contradictions in their faith or remind them of their beliefs vs. the New Testament. They, like many Christians don't know very much about what they say, they just get built up with how quickly and eloquently they say it. We must teach our people to Know God.

1 Peter 3:15 (NLT)
"Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if you are asked about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.

No comments: