7.17.2006

Jumbled thoughts: Israel, Peace and WWIII

I've been sitting here this weekend watching the latest outbreak in the Middle East. As I read the blogs from my Christian pastor friends... I see no mention of what is going on over there. If someone had my bloglines as their only 'eyes' to the world, they'd never know that anything was going on in Israel. My blog has been silent as well so I'd be part of the problem.

As an aside: I wonder how much our modern churches know about
Israel, the conflict and biblical prophecy.

Today
Israel is locked into conflict with two terrorist groups. Hamas in the south and Hezbollah from the north. In addition, Syria and Iran are doing their part to start WWIII. Unfortunately I wouldn't be shocked if we see an all-out World War from this mess. The thing about Israel is that they don't play. They won't continue being targets for people with missiles hiding in southern Lebanon.

We should pray for all involved. I feel terrible for the millions in the region who are in fear right now. My heart breaks for the families of all of he civilians on both sides of the conflict. Both sides of this conflict have people who are dramatically affected by this war. I wish for
Israel to continue doing their best to avoid the loss of life (Apparently Hezbollah hides their operations in the middle of civilian neighborhoods and Israel is dropping fliers to ask people to leave these areas before they destroy the Hezbollah strongholds.)

Jesus was huge on Unity. War is the antithesis of unity. War is ugly. Unity is beautiful. Jesus come quickly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tally I hear you...thanks for posting on this...I believe you're right for going public on this..as Pastors we need to offer insight, biblical teaching and appropriate comments. Thanks for stepping out first.

danohlerking said...

great post.

our silence isn't gonna make this go away. probably quite the opposite.

there is a guy whose blog i've been tracking for quite a while now named ben abu saada - his parents just (and i'm talking like in the last few weeks) moved into a house in Gaza. they're there serving the Lord right in the heart of the whole mess we see on the news.

i'd encourage you to check ben's blog out:

here's the link

thanks for posting this one, tally.

Ben said...

Hey Tally,

Man what a great post. Your observation is so true that it has been rather quiet in the blog world about what's up over there. I've thought about posting something about this but I may just put a link to your site.

If you are interested in my parents and their ministry over in Gaza, I'd be happy to pass you the site info, id and password. Just shoot me an email from my blog and if you're interested. There are so many stories over there and there are so many people who really are just trying to live life. Those are the folks my parents are ministering to.

Thanks Dan for the nod!