9.15.2008

Okay God... Let's Do This!

This morning I got comfortable with the fact that I'm going to give God a run for His money in my life as it relates to Ephesians 3:20-21.  

The streets have an expression recently popularized in hip-hop circles called "Get Rich or Die Trying".  I think Christianity needs a dose of "Give Glory or Die Trying"

" Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

What do I mean "give God a run for His money"?  Well what I mean is that God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine.  I'm now comfortable asking and imagining some pretty big things to take place.  If God so chooses to work out Ephesians 3:20-21 you will see mountains move I assure you that.  I know I've held back on the scope of what God has birthed in my heart but not any longer.  I'm ready to speak up and step up.  I'm ready to vocalize these things and petition God for them.  These things are not for myself, they are for people.  People for whom Jesus died.  They are for lots and lots of those people.  

How am I going to give God a run for His money?  I'm going to step out.  Step out in major ways. I'm ready to cast the vision that has been building in my life for just about as long as I have memories.  I'm ready to place my life, my reputation, my family, my hopes and dreams... all of it out there for this "thing" that has been building for years.  

I'm going to give God a run for His money because I'm petitioning him to do some pretty audacious things... some things only God can do even if everyone I know got behind it... only God could make it happen.  So I'm stepping up to the plate and saying "Alright God... I'm ready.  Let's go."  

I'll be rolling out more over the next few weeks, months and yes... years.  

So pray for me.  Pray for people who will join me.  Some of them I know and many whom I've never met.  Pray for the people who will have to move on our behalf.  Pray for my family and pray for wisdom.  Pray for mentors, advisers and partners who will be crazy enough to get involved.  Pray for humility and pray for strength in the storms.  It's about to get crazy and I know I'm about to have a pretty big target from the one who doesn't want any of this to happen. 

Stay tuned.  A lot of us are about to give God a run for His money...

How about you?  What is birthed in your heart for your life that you'd held back on?  Where are you cutting God short by being shy and quiet about the vision of your life?  Are you guilty of showing off a small God because you present a small vision?  Have you exchanged conviction for comfort?  Confidence for convenience?  Where could you use to give God a run for the money by living out your God-given dreams and visions for a preferred future?

Look.  I don't care where you live... the death rate is 100%.  Unfortunately although all of us will die... very few actually LIVE.  EVEN FEWER live in a way that understands the fullness of the Christian life.  Go ahead... give God a run for His money.  See if he doesn't show you that every moment can be lived with your heart beating fast because your chasing HIS DREAM for your life.

1 comment:

Happy Mommy said...

Wow! I will simply pray! I know what its like when you start moving for God and it's very exciting! This is a big thing Tally, we will pray for your whole family!