8.26.2008

My Son is Rocky

This morning at about 7:30 a.m. I hear a thud followed by a crying toddler. Living with a child under 4yrs old means this is a regular occurrence so it wasn't a big deal to me. Kristy was closer so I knew she'd get to him and things would be fine. Well she did get to him but found him with blood coming out of his eyebrow. Usually blood doesn't come out of eyebrows.

Caleb had fallen off of our sofa while putting his banana peel on the coffee table and he caught his eyebrow on the edge of the table.

Side Note: Yesterday I posed about our personality profiles. One of the things the profile revealed about me is that I handle crises with ease. It's as though my mind shifts into a mode of calm and clarity. I saw that again this morning.

We cleaned the eye up and I kinda felt borderline about stitches but figured since it was near his eye we should let the doc decide. I drove him to the minor emergency center and they got us to the back in just a few minutes where the doc looked it over. She said that it was borderline and offered me the option of a stitch. I opted for the stitch and Caleb hopped up onto the bed.

Within 5 minutes she had him numb locally, numbed on the inside and sowed up.

Caleb was a champ. He barely moved and didn't even flinch. She said that most 12 year old boys fight her. C-man rocked.

A Snoopy band-aid and about 6 stickers later we were out. I promise I've waited for a Big-Mac at a drive-thru longer than this Doctor's visit. It was fantastic.

Here are pics of the Doc's work.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Go Caleb!

Sounds like he did much much much better than Rory did with her first stitches...she screamed and passed out. I'm impressed by your little man there!

Happy Mommy said...

I am glad your boy is oks! Both of my boys have had stitches, I made a plastic surgeon do the stitches though...
I hope Kristy did alright with the whole thing, being pregnant and your baby bleeding about the head is never a good thing!