5.13.2008

Know Thyself

I've been intentional about personal evaluation as of late and most especially concerned with what environments and people I need to surround myself with to lead to success. Through my previous working experience I've learned that teamwork is the only way to go and I'm also pretty confident that discovering my sweet spot is one of the most important things I can do as a leader.

This week I sat down and worked through a Church Planter Profile associated with ELI out of Austin, TX. I love taking profile tests and learning more about myself and others. Ben Arment did my Myers Briggs profile a few years ago but I hadn't done too many other all-out tests. ELI certainly changed that. If you're interested in church planting or just want to learn more about your strengths, check out their site.

This is what comes with ELI's Church Planter Profile:

  1. Golden Personality Profile
  2. DISC Portrait Predictor
  3. Spiritual Gifts
  4. Online 360 Evaluation (Others evaluate you)

In addition, they provide a place for you to input your Strengthsfinder results should you choose to include them in your profile.

I thought about sharing all of my results but felt that may be a little like having a public personality colonoscopy. (Blogger's spell check is underlining colonoscopy.)

So go... check it out, learn more about yourself and others. It will be worth it.
If you have taken these tests before I'd love to hear about you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you on the DISC? My school uses that one in the leadership class. Before we even took it, the professor told me there would be no way I would be anything but a "D". He was right, my D over took any of the others, the "I" was the second, and the "S" and "C" I didn't even score on.

Tally Wilgis said...

I'm an I/D 'promoter'. I haven't read into it too much yet. Apparently there are two versions... your actual and your adapted. The adapted is how you are with others outside of home and the actual is who you really are. I have to take another version to find that out.