10.12.2007

Thankful for...

Being assured of who I am in Christ
I believe people make terrible decisions when they aren't fully assured of who they are in Christ. I'm very glad that I have that confidence in Him.

My wife and son

Kristy and Caleb are the most important people in my world. I love being with them.

My extended family
I enjoyed spending last weekend with them.

Confidence in the task God has given me
Just like being comfortable in my skin it is equally important to have a goal set before us. I'm humbly expectant of what lies ahead.

Ministry
I'm thankful that I have been fortunate enough to learn and appreciate serving others. I'm honestly glad that my lot in life hasn't been to simply be a critic.

The people with whom I do ministry
Co-laborers in Christ who 'get' you are a good thing.

Challenges
Without them I wouldn't be tested. If I sought comfort as my cheif end, I'd live a mediocre life. I enjoy facing obstacles and overcoming. In my weakness He is made strong. That's a cool thing.

My unique make up
In my life I've been able to experience diversity in nearly all of its forms. I enjoy being able to discuss geopolitical events as well as the Raven's last game. I enjoyed how yesterday I had discussions about Fred Thompson's campaign strategy in the morning and discussions about basketball last night at the gym with 20 guys who know me only as "T".

The people who've invested in me
I could (and probably will) do a series of posts on this but I'm thankful for the people God has used to mentor me in my life. From factory workers to VP's of Universities I have been blessed with people all along my path who have spoken words of truth into my life. I'm humbled that they took time to help shape me into who I am and who I'm becoming.

I'll do more later... but for now these are what makes me thankful today.

No comments: