5.02.2007

How to grow your church now!

That is the title of an email I got this morning. I love how every "Christian" company thinks they know how to grow churches. If they actually helped churches grow I would think after a few dozen years of operation these companies would be out of business because the 'secret' (that you can buy for $19.95) would have gotten out by now.

I'm actually offended by Christian marketing companies telling churches that they have the secret to share. I'm so turned off to this type of marketing that I delete the email as soon as it hits my in-box.

Do you know where Pastors should look for information on "How to grow your church now!"? We should look to scripture and to our peers. Those who are actually getting something done.

If I get an email from a very successful Pastor who offers to mentor me, I'll read that email. Until then I'll stay familiar with the 'delete' key.

No comments: