3.31.2007

Immeasurably More


My faith is so tiny!

God blew my mind today... Chesapeake.. we are here to play ball!

Today we had our Easter Egg Hunt for the City of Chesapeake!

Year 1- approximately 150 people
Last year, yr 2- approximately 400 people

Today we saw well over 2,000 people come out!!!

With age and experience under our belt our people handled this in stride!!! I've made no secret about the fact that we've had a rough go of it lately but our people have been energized! We're expectant... we're prayed up... we're walking in faith.... God is kicking our rear!

We have several enticements for people to come back this weekend and next. I can't wait to see what God does through this.... I'm believing for a breakthrough that kicks our tail! God is amazing and he totally awed us today. Today was a big day for inflating the faith of our people...

The true test however, is tomorrow and next week (and the week after and the week after, etc.) I'm believing we could be on the front end of a wave from God. He's about to pour his blessing out and we're standing with hands wide open. I can't wait! I'm so jacked up!

For those of you who follow our story through this blog... please pray for us.... pray that God would bring people... that our church would love like never before and that the message of the Gospel will be clear and compelling... We're going to work like it depends on us but pray like it depends on God. Please join us!

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

As a side note our city does an Egg Hunt at the same place the day before Easter every year... it forced us to get the Saturday before... we've redeemed the day and now we ARE the Easter week Kick-Off in our city. After today I'm positive we'll have several thousand next year.

As I mentioned, the city does an Egg Hunt next week. From what people told me today our event is already BETTER THAN THE CITY! We were thanked hand-over-fist for how we don't charge a penny. Honestly we were a bit overwhelmed with the amount of kids vying for eggs. We adjusted on the fly and at the end of the day I heard of next to no complaints... so many thanks and no complaints!

God used today to remind me of my faith and I believe he'll use the next few weeks to tell me how big he really is as people come to know him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even express how excited I am for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I can't even express how excited I am for you guys.

Anonymous said...

that's so incredible Tally... praise God

Daniel W said...

What an awesome event. I had a number of people who thought it was a city event because it was carried out so well. They were surprised to find out that it was put on by a local church. Count me in for the plan for next year?