1.12.2007

When Tony Morgan speaks...

I don't dare to say I 'know' Tony Morgan. I do admire him for sure and I read nearly all of what he writes (even soap reviews). At the "Buzz Conference" last year Tony was gracious enough to answer some questions I had and like any good leader he took great interest in my little part of the world. He's even sent me a signed copy of one of his books. He's a good man.

Recently Tony started to talk about big news coming on Friday (today). Now I've learned that if Tony says something is going to be big... he means HUGE.

Check out Tony's thoughts on his transition to Perry Noble's home of Anderson, S.C. and Newspring Church.

As you do, take a look at Mark Beeson's comments here.
You can also see Perry's comments here.

I remember a year or so ago when Fellowship Church made a splash by rearranging almost their entire executive leadership team. Youth guy moves to Worship, Tech to Campus Pastor, etc. From all accounts everyone was doing a great job before the move but there was wisdom in change. In a regional event I attended around that time Ed Young said that he wanted people to have a fresh perspective... to tackle problems in new ways and propell the church to move in ways it hadn't yet dreamed. Apparently from all acounts it has worked.

This looks to be a similar move. An incredibly talented leader who's been with his church for over 8 years and who loves what he's doing and the people he's doing it with obeys God. God leads him in basically a horizontal move to share his experience and wisdom with another great team.

Each of the churches involved and the leaders who guide them are amazing at what they do. God is obviously at work in both bodies and I'm excited to see the future of these ministries.

I respect and appreciate Mark, Tony and Perry for making such a public transition as graceful as it could ever be. These are men that many Pastors look to for leadership and through this experience they are each leading the way in showing us how to transition well. Thanks guys.

No comments: